Texas Gutter Cleaning: Keep Your Gutters Flowing and Functional
What does gutter cleaning include for our Texas customers? It's more of a tune-up than a simple clean, which gives you a lot more value and longer-lasting results.
Here's what you can expect from Gutter Tex:
- Inspect roof line for detached or loose guttering. Re-secure as needed (does not include re-sloping).
- Scoop out gutter and downspout leaves and debris.
- Blow out remaining gutter and downspout debris.
- If downspouts are clogged, we will remove, unclog, and reinstall them.
- Reseal any leaks and seal corners to minimize future leaks.
- All gutter debris and other garbage as a result of our gutter cleaning service is hauled away and recycled when appropriate.
We urge you to avoid ladder mistakes that can happen during DIY gutter cleaning. Spend your free time doing something safer and more enjoyable. We've got the equipment, the insurance, and the safety gear to clean your gutters right, and we'll get the job done fast.
Gutter Cleaning FAQs for Texas Homeowners
1. What's the best way to clean gutters?
In Texas, the gutters are usually full of wet, muddy debris and water-logged leaves. If the gutters haven't been cleaned in a while, snakes, rats, or mice may also live in them.
A leaf blower or a sweeping tool used from the ground won't work to remove the heavy debris. You'll need to get up on the ladder with a bucket and a scoop of some kind to dig out the gunk. We recommend wearing gloves and placing a tarp below the work area. Some of the gunk will fall or get tossed to the ground. Then you can blow out the remaining debris.
2. How often should I clean my gutters?
The ideal timeline for gutter cleaning in Texas is twice a year, in the spring and the fall. Especially if you have a lot of trees in your yard like Live Oaks, Elm, Ash, or Pine. You may also want an inspection and cleaning after a severe Texas storm.
But, truth be told, most people don't clean gutters as often as they should. It's either forgotten or put off as an unpleasant home maintenance chore.
Therefore, we recommend putting things in place that help you more easily care for your gutter system.
- Trim back trees that are near your roofline or overhang the roof.
- Keep your landscaping nice and tidy.
- Install gutter guards to stretch out the time between cleanings and reduce gutter debris.
- Add gutter cleaning as a reminder on your calendar.
3. How do I clean my gutter downspouts?
We recommend wearing thick gloves. First, clear the opening at the bottom of the downspout. Use caution as there may be pests living inside. If the downspout is clogged, use a tool such as a garden trowel or small scoop to dig out the leaves and debris.
Second, use a ladder (if needed) to access the opening at the top of the downspout. Run a garden hose down into the spout and turn on the water at its highest pressure to push out the remaining debris.
Reattach or reposition your downspouts so they redirect rainwater properly.
4. What happens if I don't clean my gutters?
Failing to clean your gutters can come with a whole host of unpleasant consequences.
- Your gutters can overflow, putting your foundation, landscaping, sidewalks, siding, driveway, and more at risk of soil expansion and water damage. This is usually not an expense covered by homeowners' insurance.
- Critters can move into your gutters, then into your attic, and then into your inside living space.
- Your soffit and fascia could rot away as water collects where it shouldn't, and the added weight can pull your gutters down and away from your house.
- Dirty water can create unattractive "tiger striping" on the gutters and siding.
- In the dry, hot months of the year, gutter debris becomes a fire hazard. It's essentially kindling that can catch fire with just one small ember.
Gutter cleaning is one of those tasks that creates more trouble down the road if it's avoided.
Foundation damage caused by the overflow of clogged gutters.
Gutter guards reduce the frequency of gutter cleaning.
We also offer underground drain cleaning service.
Good Quality Work!
Keith and his team did a fantastic job cleaning our gutters and installing gutter guards. Been very happy with our experience using GutterTex - they are efficient and do good quality work.
Just a Few Clicks to Schedule and Receive Your Estimate
Get an affordable gutter cleaning tune-up. You'll appreciate the peace of mind knowing your gutters are protecting your Texas home as they should.
Find a location near you and schedule a free quote!