Install a Rain Barrel as the First Step in Money Saving Water Collection
A rain barrel is a fantastic way to conserve water, reduce your water bill, help prevent soil erosion and flooding, and help preserve our water quality.
And who doesn’t love FREE water for use in gardens, lawns, landscaping, outdoor cleaning, and indoor plants?
How Rain Barrels Work with Your Seamless Gutter System
Place a rain barrel below a downspout or rain chain to collect water for later use.
During installation, Gutter Tex will modify the downspout or use a drainage adaptor to direct the flow of water from the gutter to the rain barrel.
Due to limited rainwater storage capacity, we ensure runoff from water overflow is managed appropriately to protect your soil and foundation.
Now it’s ready to collect rainwater. It looks great and effectively stores your water until you need it.
Rain barrels include two water recovery methods:
- A solid brass spigot to dispense into watering cans or buckets
- An attachment for hoses, using natural pressure to increase water flow.
Gutter Tex Rainwater Collection
Gutter Tex offers a variety of rain barrel sizes and styles. Just ask your Gutter Tex pro while they’re at your home for your estimate.
Functional features include an intake at the rear of the rain barrel with a tightly fitted aluminum intake screen.
Insects such as mosquitos are attracted to standing water. This design protects against insect and debris entry while reducing algae contamination and odors.
Care and Cautions
- Rain barrels are not a recommended source of drinking water unless you use a water filtration system.
- Do not use rain barrel water directly on edible garden plants.
- If you have copper gutters or an asphalt roof, use the collected rainwater on landscaping only, never for edible plants.
- Trim back tree branches from your roofline.
- Empty the rain barrel periodically.
- Keep your gutter system clean and well-maintained.
Rain Barrel water collection is affordable to install and provides lasting benefits. Contact Gutter Tex today for a free consultation.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Estimate