Gutter Cleaning Services Your House Should Not Live Without
Gutter cleaning is a messy, time-consuming, and dangerous project. If you want to tackle gutter cleaning yourself, you’ll need special tools and supplies, physical stamina, and a quality ladder you are very familiar using.
Serious Hazards of Clogged Gutters
Hiring a gutter cleaner (or DIY gutter cleaning) seems like a low priority when you consider all the maintenance your house requires. But did you know that a lack of gutters, and clogged or overflowing gutters, cause some of the most expensive damage to property?
It’s an easy and affordable task to hire out to trusted, reputable gutter cleaners near your home.
Here are plenty of reasons why gutter cleaning should be hot on your To Do list.
- Over time, debris such as leaves, needles, twigs, seeds, pinecones, pollen, flowers, dirt, and even branches will build up in your gutter. This debris causes gutter water to flow slower and eventually clog altogether.
- As debris accumulates, it adds weight to the gutter system. The added weight alters the gutter slope, bend gutters and hangers, and even causes the gutters to rip free from the house.
- Standing water in the gutters will rot shingles and flashing, and cause leaks in the roof. Before long, water in your gutters will overflow, causing tiger striping and damage to the siding.
- Uncontrolled water can pool around the foundation of the house and flood the basement or crawl space. Additionally, it will erode soil, and damage plants and landscaping while splashing dirt onto the house exterior.
- Overflowing gutter water running down the side of your house also erodes windowsills, door jambs, and the crown molding around them. It can seep inside interior walls, bringing mold, mildew, streaking, and water damage inside your home.
- Gutter debris acts as a homing beacon for all sorts of critters. Ants, spiders, rodents, and other pests forage among the gutter debris, and quickly find their way inside your home.
- The average aluminum or galvanized gutter system has a lifespan of around twenty years. Regular cleaning extends the life of your gutters.
“Gutter Tex came by my house and did a phenomenal job cleaning out our gutters. Lucky for us it was right before the big storm we had later that week. We hadn’t cleaned them since we moved in a few years back so we were happy to have them out there. They were timely, professional, and very thorough with the work. Also, working with Dan-O, in particular, is truly great. I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone work as hard as he does and provide as great customer service! We will definitely be working with them in the future!”
M. Bryant – Austin, TX
How Often Do Gutters Need Cleaning?
Clean your gutters twice a year in our Texas climate, as each season presents challenges. The scorching summer heat dries out leaves and other gutter debris, making it a fire hazard.
The entire gutter system should be clog-free throughout our rainiest months. Organic matter built up in gutters gets wet and tends to clump together to form a sort of dam, which restricts water flow.
You should also clean your gutters after a severe weather event. Strong winds pick up heavy matter such as branches and items from people’s yards, and deposit them into your gutters.
“I bought a house a couple years back, but never had the gutters checked. I reached out to Gutter Tex. They were timely, professional, and had excellent communication. My favorite part of using Gutter Tex was their honesty. Dan (the owner) openly answered my questions and was sure I was informed. Also, my gutters look great!”
M. Sarkady – Austin, TX
Why Hire Gutter Cleaners Instead of DIY?
Our service is affordable. Save yourself a lot of time and money on supplies, stay safe, and get it done right.
Our professional gutter cleaners are employees (not subcontractors or day laborers) who are covered by liability and workers’ compensation insurance.
Your gutter cleaner will verify that the water flows correctly to avoid soil and terrain damage, or that it is properly collecting in rain barrels if you utilize rainwater collection.
During your gutter cleaning appointment, we will also inspect and identify areas in need of repair to include the gutter system, siding, or exterior trim. We can discuss options that will save you money and add value.
We are punctual, respect your time and property, and thoroughly clean the job site upon project completion. With over 40 years combined experience in construction and home improvement services, you can depend on our expertise.
Austin, TX Service Area
We serve Austin, Bartlett, Bastrop, Bee Cave, Belmont, Bergheim, Bertram, Blanco, Bluff Springs, Brushy Creek, Buda, Cedar Creek, Cedar Park, Coupland, Dale, Del Valle, Driftwood, Dripping Springs, Elgin, Fischer, Florence, Georgetown, Granger, Hays County, Horseshoe Bay, Hudson Bend, Hutto, Jarrell, Johnson City, Jollyville, Jonesboro, Kendalia, Kingsland, Kyle, Lago Vista, Lakeway, Leander, Lexington, Liberty Hill, Lockhart, Manchaca, Manor, Marble Falls, McDade, McNeil, Mountain City, Paige, Pflugerville, Rosanky, Round Mountain, Round Rock, Schwertner, Smithville, Spicewood, Spring Branch, Taylor, Thorndale, Thrall, Walburg, Weir, Wells Branch, West Lake Hills, Wimberley, and Woodcreek.
San Antonio, TX Service Area
We serve Adkins, Alamo Heights, Bulverde, Canyon Lake, Castle Hills, Cibolo, Converse, Fair Oaks Ranch, Fentress, Geronimo, JBSA Ft Sam Houston, JBSA Lackland, JBSA Randolph, Kingsbury, Kirby, La Vernia, Leon Valley, Live Oak, Marion, Martindale, Maxwell, McQueeney, New Braunfels, Olmos Park, Prairie Lea, Saint Hedwig, San Antonio, San Marcos, Schertz, Seguin, Selma, Shavano Park, Staples, Timberwood Park, Universal City, Wetmore, and Windcrest.